Acrylic Partial Dentures
Acrylic partial dentures are a type of removable dental prosthetic device used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are made of an acrylic resin material and consist of replacement teeth that are attached to an acrylic base, which is colored to match the gums. Dandy acrylic partial dentures are custom-made to fit your patient’s mouth and are designed to be as comfortable and unobtrusive as possible.
Explore Acrylic Partial Dentures
Indications for use
Dandy acrylic partial dentures are custom-made to fit your patient’s mouth and are designed to be as comfortable and unobtrusive as possible. The clasping options for acrylic partial dentures are wrought wire, ball clasp, or none if retention allows
Acrylic partial dentures should not be prescribed to patients if they have any allergies to acrylic or plastic or have severe gum disease. While acrylic is one of the safest and least reactive materials out there, it’s important to still check for allergies with your patients before prescription.
Potential risks & benefits of acrylic partial dentures
Advise Patients of the Following:
The benefits of resin-based acrylic partial dentures include improved speech, better chewing ability, and a natural-looking smile.
Risks include sore spots, discomfort, and possible damage to remaining natural teeth.
Shade options for acrylic partial dentures
Directions for Use
Seating an acrylic partial denture in the mouth can be done using the following steps:
- Ensure that the partial denture is clean and free of any debris.
- Rinse the appliance and patient’s mouth with warm water before inserting the partial denture.
- Gently place the partial denture in the mouth and use your fingers to guide it into place. Avoid using excessive force or pushing the partial denture too far.
- Have patient gently bite down on the partial denture to ensure proper fit and stability.
- Be sure to instruct your patient on how to wear their new acrylic partial denture, include specific instructions on how long to wear it each day and when to remove it.
- Chairside adjustments can be made by the doctor
Looking for a dental lab to make resin-based acrylic partials?
Look no further than Dandy! Reach out to our team for more information on pricing, turnaround times, and customizing your orders.