Lucitone 3D Printed Dentures
Our Signature Denture provides superior durability, wear resistance and high-quality aesthetics. This denture is ideal for most cases and arrives at your office in 7 business days. Dandy recommends the fully-printed Signature Denture as the best option for most cases for its increased strength and durability.
Explore Lucitone 3D Printed Dentures
Why do we recommend Signature Dentures?
Dandy’s Signature Denture features Dentsply Sirona’s Lucitone Digital Print Resin which immediately responds to body temperature (while being worn), providing amplified material properties resisting breakage and preventing the worsening of any existing cracks or fractures. This material is 3x stronger than conventional denture base material, featuring a Total Fracture Work Wf [J/m²] up to 3,000.
The Signature Denture also features Dentsply Sirona’s Lucitone Digital IPN tooth resin. In a Boston University study, Lucitone teeth feature lower volume loss, and therefore higher wear resistance, compared to other top resins in the market.
Strength of Dandy Signature 3D Printed Dentures
When in the mouth, due to the heat activated resins, the signature denture bases are much stronger than aesthetic denture bases.
Our 3D printed signature dentures increase to 3,000 in total fracture work when in mouth because of body temperature. Fracture toughness indicates resistance of a material to cracks and governed by the work needed to destroy a material (total fracture work).
Dandy’s signature 3D printed denture material and workflow can work for:
- Immediate dentures
- New dentures
- From existing dentures
- From wax bite rim (includes wax bite rim and monolithic try-in)
- Overdentures (Chairside pickup)
- From existing dentures
- From wax bite rim (includes wax bite rim and monolithic try-in
Relines and repairs with 3D printed dentures
Because our workflows are entirely digital, we do not do traditional relines because that requires sending the denture back to the lab.
However, with digital impressions saved in our software, patients who lose or damage their dentures can get instant digital remakes without an office visit.
Our 3D printed denture teeth are also monolithic, providing stronger support and eliminating the need for single tooth repairs.
Adopt digital dentures with ease
General recommendations when prescribing Dandy’s signature 3D printed dentures
- When patients book appointments remind them to bring all of their appliances (partial denture or existing full denture) with them. Existing appliances help to quickly establish bite and vertical dimension when planning a digital denture case
- When encountering a difficult to capture edentulous region such as a lower arch, a physical impression may be taken and scanned
- Have the patient sit up for the impressions
- Perform muscle relaxation drills prior to taking the impression
- Add a light body wash to a denture or wax bite rim to ensure the most accurate impression
- Take as many photos of the patient as possible—the more information we have the better!
- If the denture or wax bite rim does not have sufficient extension, border mold the appliance using heavy/medium body PVS impression material on the periphery of the appliance, seat it in the patient’s mouth, have them go through functional movements and once it has set, follow standard impression steps
Looking for a dental lab to fabricate 3d printed dentures for your practice?
Look no further than Dandy! Reach out to our team for more information on pricing, turnaround times, and customizing your orders.
FAQ about Dandy’s Signature 3D printed dentures
Printed teeth are bonded to printed bases. They are printed separately with two different types of resins.
Dandy prints denture teeth as bridges versus individual teeth, so there is a very low likelihood of teeth popping out of the denture base.
We use a premium design library, Dentsply Sirona’s Genios HC design library, which produces highly realistic teeth with a great level of detail and a translucent incisal edge.